“I am the founder of Kessel Communications (http://kesselcommunications.com/), a strategic communications agency that simply helps businesses communicate better. By doing this, we help companies strengthen their credibility, build positive reputations and increase brand awareness. I’m blessed with an incredible team of consulting partners that is dedicated to every client we are fortunate to partner with and serve.
I provide thoughts, ideas, tips and advice on how you can get your story in front of those who matter to your organization. A main focus of my content is on working with media reporters so you can get consistent coverage and awareness about your product, service or organization.” – Joel Kessel
- Go through a basic marketing/communications assessment. Don’t let the project fall on one person’s shoulders. Include everyone.
- “People support what they help create.”
- It’s best to share information, be helpful, and then find a solution.
- Take a step back and focus on everything that is on your plate.
- “If I like you I’ll listen to you, if I trust you I’ll do business with you.”
- “A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” ~ L.P. Jacks
- Joel Kessel’s Site
- Kessel Communications
- SBR Meet up
- The Solomon Effect– Virtual Workshop
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty (J-B Lencioni Series) by Patrick M. Lencioni
For complete show notes and clickable links go to www.BrianMininger.com/SBR20